Nelson Electric is a premier Electrical Contractor in the Puget Sound Region and is searching for an experienced Senior Level Project Manager to join our team. This is an excellent immediate full-time career opportunity to join a proven professional team.
Since 1951, Nelson Electric has been wiring the buildings that define the Puget Sound region. As a design/build contractor, Nelson Electric prides itself on providing valuable advice throughout the building design process, including realistic, complete and detailed budgets to assist the owner in making cost/benefit decisions. During building construction, our highly skilled electricians perform a quality installation and work with the other construction trades to ensure smooth project flow and help reduce the overall costs of construction. Upon project completion, we continue to work with the building owner by offering maintenance and renovation services, and through the creation and execution of a building preventative maintenance plan. Our honest and comprehensive approach to contracting has provided us the opportunity to work on numerous landmark projects in Seattle, Bellevue, and the neighboring communities. Nelson Electric has expertise in all aspects of electrical construction. Nelson Electric has proven to be the contractor of choice for owners needing a project completed on time and within budget. Nelson Electric is a proud member of the National Electrical Contractors Association and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Provide management and administrative functions for current construction projects.
- Participate in contract negotiations, project interviews, and develop project proposals.
- Provide project schematic designs, design development, and GMP cost proposals and budgets.
- Estimate project costs and prepare project budgets.
- Participate in the management of job cost accounting and project contract review.
- Prepare project billings, schedules of values, and change orders.
- Participate in the purchase of major electrical components and prepare material lists for material purchasing.
- Manage job site personnel and project management assistants.
- Maintain customer relations to promote long-term company growth.
- Coordinate work with external engineers and architects.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Support business development in proposal creation.
- Manage your own schedule while working to meet various deadlines.
We are looking for someone who possesses:
- The ability to communicate well and work as part of a team, including fellow employees, suppliers, and manufacturers,
- An excellent rapport with general contractors, engineers, and local suppliers,
- A proven record of managing projects within an established budget and completing the project according to a schedule,
- Planning and organizational skills required for a fast-paced design-build firm,
- A high level of self-motivation, a proactive approach and the willingness to take on new challenges,
- Ability to prioritize workload and work with multiple deadlines,
- An acute attention to detail, and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We would expect that you will benefit professionally by gaining:
- Experience in the design-build approach to construction.
- The opportunity to see an idea develop from inception of design to a finished product; to be part of that idea’s conception, construction, integration, and the evaluation over time.
- A level of trust and dependency from your customers in helping them determine their needs relative to their buildings electrical and data networking infrastructure.
- The opportunity to work on exciting construction projects in and around Puget Sound.
- Additional skills in personal communication and expansion of your professional network.
- An understanding of the importance of knowing your clienteles needs and abilities to maintain their buildings.
We are a firm that recognizes each individual’s contributions to our team. We value long term employees, and our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team members. In addition to a casual work environment we offer a competitive salary, 3 weeks paid Personal leave time, 100% paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your dependents, 8 paid holidays and a generous Pension Profit Sharing program as well as a discretionary performance bonus.
If you have the experience and skills detailed above, please email a resume and your salary history (or requirements) to email@example.com. Nelson Electric is an equal opportunity employer and we are looking forward to reviewing your application.