Nelson Electric is a premier Electrical Contractor in the Puget Sound Region and is searching for an experienced Commercial/Design Build Electrical Estimator to join our team. This is an excellent immediate full-time career opportunity to join a proven professional team.
Since 1951, Nelson Electric has been wiring the buildings that define the Puget Sound region. As a design/build contractor, Nelson Electric prides itself on providing valuable advice throughout the building design process, including realistic, complete and detailed budgets to assist the owner in making cost/benefit decisions. During building construction, our highly skilled electricians perform a quality installation and work with the other construction trades to ensure smooth project flow and help reduce the overall costs of construction. Upon project completion, we continue to work with the building owner by offering maintenance and renovation services, and through creation and execution of a building preventative maintenance plan. Our honest and comprehensive approach to contracting has provided us the opportunity to work on numerous landmark projects in Seattle, Bellevue, and the neighboring communities. Nelson Electric has expertise in all aspects of electrical construction. Nelson Electric has proven to be the contractor of choice for owners needing a project completed on time and within budget. Nelson Electric is a proud member of the National Electrical Contractors Association and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Prepare detailed estimates based on designs, drawings, and project narratives for projects ranging from conceptual design to fully engineered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of electrical estimating experience.
- Ability to evaluate and develop design/build contract work.
- Provide ideas for potential value engineering.
- Create and update common unit assembly pricing.
- Knowledge of and experience with Accubid.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Review BOM of subcontractors, suppliers and material quotations to determine completeness and compliance with bid documents.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a team environment
- Maintain customer relations to promote long-term company growth.
- Coordinate with internal and/or external engineers and architects.
- Have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Manage your own schedule while working to meet various deadlines.
We are looking for someone who possesses:
- The ability to communicate well and work as part of a team, including fellow employees, suppliers, and manufacturers,
- An excellent rapport with general contractors, engineers, and local suppliers,
- Planning and organizational skills required for a fast-paced firm,
- 5-10 years of experience estimating commercial electrical construction projects,
- Knowledge of local and national electrical and building codes,
- A high level of self-motivation, a proactive approach and the willingness to take on new challenges,
- Ability to prioritize workload and work with multiple deadlines,
- An acute attention to detail,
- Experience working with Accubid, and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Previous experience with Bluebeam would be preferred.
We would expect that you will benefit professionally by gaining:
- The opportunity to see an idea develop from inception of design to a finished product; to be part of that idea’s conception, construction, integration, and the evaluation over time.
- The opportunity to work on exciting construction projects in and around Puget Sound.
We are a firm that recognizes each individual’s contributions to our team. We value long term employees, and our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team members. In addition to a casual work environment, we offer a competitive salary, 3 weeks paid personal time off, 8 paid holidays, 100% paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your dependents, a generous pension/profit sharing program as well as a discretionary performance bonus.
If you have the experience and skills detailed above, please email a resume and your salary history (or requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nelson Electric is an equal opportunity employer and we are looking forward to reviewing your application.